Whilst we think it's very noble to slave away in the kitchen, it turns out we're a bit lazy when it comes to strapping on the apron. So we want to share tried and tested recipes with you, that taste fantastic, are really nutritious and we promise are pretty quick to make. Plus they wont cost a fortune!
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
Blend together. Heat coconut oil in a small pan and pour in mixture. Once brown on one side, turn over and enjoy.
I like to add a few blueberries on top.
Additionally you can add a handful of spinach into the blender to increase your nutrient intake.
- 1 large avocado, cut in two
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ tsp in equal parts organic cumin powder, garlic powder, oregano, and chili powder
- ¼ cup shredded organic cheddar cheese
- Fine sea salt and organic cracked black pepper to taste
Pre-heat your oven to 220 degrees C/ Gas mark 7. Place the avocado halves into a baking dish and stabilize with foil if needed. Crack one egg into each empty pit of your avocado halves. You may need to scoop a little avocado out if you need more room for the egg.
Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Sprinkle ¼ tsp. of Mexican Seasoning on each egg filled avocado. Top each half with shredded cheese and pop into the oven for 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Recipes adapted from http://recipes.mercola.com
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 1/2 an inch of fresh ginger root
- A pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, or cardamom and/or sea salt and pepper
- Optional topping: coconut or cashew cream and/or rosemary, thyme or parsley
Steam the sweet potatoes, onion, garlic, and ginger until soft (about 45 minutes).
While still hot, transfer to a blender with 1 cup of the steaming liquid. Blend until smooth and creamy.
If needed you can add a little more of remaining steaming liquid to create the consistency desired for your soup.
Optionally sprinkle seasoning to taste, and top with fresh herbs such as parsley, rosemary, or thyme and a dollop of coconut or cashew cream.
Recipes taken from http://medicalmedium.com